Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Summer, 2012

Its nearly the end of summer, and I am amazed that I still have a Columbine in flower, also a Magnolia is just starting to flower. Of course, this weekend we are expecting to get 35 degrees, so it may just kill the blooms, dry out the sand - yes, its beach sand pretty much. But the upside is that I have a little Potoroo in the garden. It is a marsupial, like a big rat with a long snout. How gorgeous is that? The downside is that he digs little holes all over the garden, so you have to watch that you don't trip and sprain your ankle!!
We also have just 2 tomato plants, given to my by a friend, but I think one of them must be that Russian Giant one, that each tomato is the size of a hand! S0 check these photos out. Others I took today or recently, including the little Potoroo.

No comments:

Post a Comment